| Oats Upma
| 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
| 3 tsp oil
| 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
| 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
| 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
| 5 to 6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
| 1 whole dry kashmiri red chilli , broken into pieces
| 2 green chillies ,
| 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
| 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
| 1/4 cup green peas
| 1 tsp sugar
| salt to taste
For The Garnish
| 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2. Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
5. Add the carrots and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
6. Add the oats mixture, sugar, salt and remaining ˝ tsp of turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
7. Add 1˝ cups of hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.